THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whisky

is one Smokin' Farker
This pizza was based off Old Chicago's Tai Pie. I decided to smoke up some pheasant I shot last weekend to use instead of chicken. I brined it for 3 hours then tossed her on the ys640. With no skin it was getting pretty rubbery so towards the end I wrapped in foil with butter and juice.

The tai pie has a Asian chili sauce, along with broccoli, red onion, red pepper, mushroom then topped with green onion and sesame seeds once cooked. For this pizza I used an American style crust and cooked on. Blackstone around 550

Last edited:
Nice! I was just out in the grasslands a couple weeks ago north of Medora a bit with a buddy of mine that lives in Bismarck. We did pretty good on the sharptails (10 in 2 days), but skunked on the pheasant (it was opening weekend and as an out of state hunter I couldn't go on state lands so our huntable areas was reduced quite a bit). I like that idea of the smoked pheasant on the pizza though!

Bam! I'd be proud to partake in some of that pie!

Can honestly say I've never had pheasant on a pizza before, but I'd sure be willing to give some of that a try. Looks delicious!

Nice work Whisky as your pheasant pizza looks excellent!
I am just an hour north of you!

Hey Marty good to see you around. I am heading to the badlands to chase mulies with the bow for 4 days this weekend hopefully I'm lucky enough to score some meat to try some of your ground and formed bacon. I know a couple people who really like it. I bet your Italian sausage would make for a good pizza too!!

Adam

Nice! I was just out in the grasslands a couple weeks ago north of Medora a bit with a buddy of mine that lives in Bismarck. We did pretty good on the sharptails (10 in 2 days), but skunked on the pheasant (it was opening weekend and as an out of state hunter I couldn't go on state lands so our huntable areas was reduced quite a bit). I like that idea of the smoked pheasant on the pizza though!

You were definitely in grouse country but I find there are far more pheasants on the private ground along the edges of the Grasslands. They like the food and cover of standing corn and flowers.

Back