THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob in St. Louis

Babbling Farker
Smokin' time again. :cool:

Get your one pound of bulk Italian sausage and put some diced onions and a nice coat of Italian spiced salt.:

DSC_0001.jpg

Roll them up about golfball sized.:

DSC_0006.jpg

Before impaling them on bamboo skewers, place a pepperoni on either side.
For those watching their weight, you can also wrap some in bacon.
Throw in a random pepper, just for fun:

DSC_0007.jpg

Here's a few Jalapeños (halved and de-seeded), filled with mozzarella cheese, topped with a pepperonis, wrapped in bacon and put into some "onion boats" and coated with olive oil:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

On the smoker.
While perusing the refrigerator and freezer, I ran across some Ravioli.
It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I wouldn't recommend it;

DSC_0015.jpg

After they were finished cooking, the troops weren't shy about digging in.
As a result, by the time I got the camera, there wasn't much left. :wink:

DSC_0017.jpg

Nice spread!!! That gives me ideas for this weekend... So exactly what happened to the ravioli? I guess they dry out and get crunchy unless you put them in sauce after the fact to soften them up again...

Thanks guys!
Yea, the Ravoili dough was hard as a rock. The meat inside wasn't bad though.
If I try it again, (and I probably will) I might put some olive oil on them, foil them, and not leave them on very long. I put mine on frozen, which I think is a bad idea. THe bread will petrify before the meat is done.

There's a thought. If you oil them slightly they might crisp up in a good way? I also agree with putting them on thawed out. Maybe foil them halfway through when they get to 160??:bow: Nah but seriously foiling them towards the end of the cook could be an idea... Maybe put them in a ceramic dish with tomato sauce? Hmmm another idea to try this weekend...

There's a thought. If you oil them slightly they might crisp up in a good way? I also agree with putting them on thawed out. Maybe foil them halfway through when they get to 160??:bow: Nah but seriously foiling them towards the end of the cook could be an idea... Maybe put them in a ceramic dish with tomato sauce? Hmmm another idea to try this weekend...
Absolutely! All great ideas, especially the one where they're swimming in sauce!

Thanks all for the kind words :grin:

Looks great Bob. Seeing that Italian Sausage reminds me a trip to "The Hill" is in order. Thanks for the pics.
You're welcome!
In fact, the Italian salt/spice was purchased "On The Hill" from the place that supplies the www.joeboccardis.com/ restaraunts with some of their products.
The salt was a gift to me, and an amazing one at that.

Check this out. Read the label:

ItalianSalt1.jpg

ItalianSalt2.jpg

ItalianSalt3.jpg

Back