THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grafixgibbs

is one Smokin' Farker
This week is a fund raiser event at our office for Arts and Science Council. Our theme this year is Mardis Gras and usually we do a popular chili cookoff but this year we are doing Cajun/Creole food so My entry will be gumbo which I made this weekend. I smoked the Chicken and sausage for it and used the chicken bits to make a broth.

Here are the pictures of the process.
Broth starting:
1000000640.jpg

Chickens ready to hit the smoker:
1000000643.jpg

Chicken and andouillie smokin'
1000000644.jpg

All cooked ready to be cut up:
1000000645.jpg

Carving the chicken (it was some of the best smoked chicken I have made:
1000000646.jpg

The roux
1000000649.jpg

Roux and vegies:
1000000650.jpg

1000000651.jpg

All together now and simmering
1000000652.jpg

The final product for service:
1000000659.jpg

Last edited:
Not a bad looking gumbo. Smoking chicken and the andouille on the smoker is the only way to go. Adds a nice flavor. I also put the pot, in the smoker for a couple hours to get a little extra smoke flavor.

Not a bad looking gumbo. Smoking chicken and the andouille on the smoker is the only way to go. Adds a nice flavor. I also put the pot, in the smoker for a couple hours to get a little extra smoke flavor.

When I broke down the chicken i added the smoked bones and other bits to the stock to add to the flavor. It simered for about 3 hours now its resting in the fridge to marry all the flavors together so its kickin on Thursday when I serve it at work.

Damn, that looks absolutely delicious. You're inspiring me to make some chicken and sausage gumbo this week!

Back