THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

irishboy209

Full Fledged Farker
Ran a chuck roast on my pellet grill

210° for 1 hour

230° for 1 hour

250° for 1 hour

Then I ran it at 270 for the rest of the time.

She was rubbed down with better than beef bouillon has a binder than seasoned with meat church holy cow

I spritzed it every hour with just water when the edges looked a little on the dry side

Then when they got the color I liked in the bark was set I made a foil boat and then enclosed it with butcher paper this method worked out really good I also put some tallow rendering on top

I pulled it around 193I didn't want it fall apart but a little tug and it turned out absolutely perfect extremely juicy with a very nice texture

I also made a little video for my own documentations I tried to keep track of my cooks this way but if you want to take a look feel free

https://youtu.be/NPEcOcgdRpA

Attachments

That hunk looks tops, why the staggered temps?

I truly believe that different temperatures have a different flavor of profile with the smoke on a pellet grill.

Has already known the higher temperature you go on a pellet grill the more the intensity of the smoke drops so I like to start low and finish a little bit on the higher side because I feel that renders the fat a little better and I like the texture

Back