Smoked chuck roast in foil / butcher paper boat

irishboy209

Full Fledged Farker
Ran a chuck roast on my pellet grill

210° for 1 hour

230° for 1 hour

250° for 1 hour

Then I ran it at 270 for the rest of the time.

She was rubbed down with better than beef bouillon has a binder than seasoned with meat church holy cow

I spritzed it every hour with just water when the edges looked a little on the dry side

Then when they got the color I liked in the bark was set I made a foil boat and then enclosed it with butcher paper this method worked out really good I also put some tallow rendering on top

I pulled it around 193I didn't want it fall apart but a little tug and it turned out absolutely perfect extremely juicy with a very nice texture

I also made a little video for my own documentations I tried to keep track of my cooks this way but if you want to take a look feel free

https://youtu.be/NPEcOcgdRpA

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_210430_965.jpg
    IMG_20210226_210430_965.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 115
That hunk looks tops, why the staggered temps?

That hunk looks tops, why the staggered temps?

I truly believe that different temperatures have a different flavor of profile with the smoke on a pellet grill.

Has already known the higher temperature you go on a pellet grill the more the intensity of the smoke drops so I like to start low and finish a little bit on the higher side because I feel that renders the fat a little better and I like the texture

Back