THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Got this from 16Adams.

Trimmed up a half pork shoulder, seasoned with pork rub into the pan with a can of Dr Pepper and Chipotle in Adobo sauce. Sorry about the fuzzy pic a cup of coffee and a workout leaves my hands less than steady. Time to go walk the dogs and we'll check back in, in a couple of hours and see how things are progressing.

IMG_0261_zpsoqx6uy6k.jpg

3hrs in just checked the IT it's 151 and the WSM has been running at 275, added another 7.5oz can of Dr Pepper, going to wrap for 2hrs. Then unwrap, kick the peppers off the butt add another can of Dr Pepper along with a chopped red onion and some minced garlic, cooked the rest of the way unwrapped until tender.

IMG_0268_zpsp9e0ef0s.jpg

Let it go wrapped for an hour and 45min instead of 2hrs, IT @189, knocked the peppers off the shoulder, added red onions and garlic, now will cooked unwrapped until probe tender. This is getting done quicker than I thought looking like about a 6hr cook.

IMG_0275_zpsnpbhwei3.jpg

We save the whole "double smoked" chipotle peppers, freeze flat- break off and add to dips, soups, stews/ just about any kitchen cook you can imagine. Also if it starts getting a little gummy a cup or so beef/chicken stock can help.

Yours is looking outstanding. The pebble has been snatched from my hand. Not that it's that difficult, I just MSU as I go along.

Thanks for the tips, yeah I don't think I'll be chopping those peppers up and mixing them in with the pork.

Nice, thanks to both of you for the idea!

See one, do one-teach one. You are now the "go to" bretheren for this cook. It's a burden, but obviously you got this. I'm going to have a beer now in your honor.

Back