smoked chilli and some smoked sausage

there we go i recomend doing this thats 3 hrs at 200 i whould have done longer but time was an issue so i would shoot for 6 to 7 hrs and perfection will be met

DSC00846.jpg

and there we are smoked chilli with smoked sausage and smoked japs on top of the cheese loved it have made this about three times and gets better every time

You making some of that up around the end of August? Did I mention I'll be in Dallas then!

sure no problem im not jokin man let me know we can have some beers and eat some smoked chilli maybe thill will come by to and steve_m9

Thanks for the offer brother. I'd stop by in a New York minute, however, I'm spending my free 1/2 day to run up by Texarkana and see my dad. He would kick my butt if I didn't. (He's 83 but was one of those ol 6666 cowboys so he's still pretty onery.)

CHIT!!!
Looks mighty fine! Ya didn't cook the wind out of them, Did Ya? :shock:
You wouldn't happen to have a recipe for that “CHILI” (w/o beans of course) that you would care to share, now would you? I sure would like to give that a try! A "DAWG" w/ your "CHILI" and "CHEESE" and "SMOKED JAPS" :biggrin: A meal fit for a KING!
"BUT" :confused: Hey!!!! :shock: Where is the "BEER" :?:

You know the chili is done when it gets that's nice smokey skin on top. Mix that stuff back into the mix and DDAYUUM. That's flavor right there. Dude, you meal rocked. You even got the roasted japs.
Here's a litte tip for you all that like to eat roasted japs with your meal. When they are done, toss them in a bowl with some soy sauce and let them soak a bit. These are called chile's torreados. Makes for a really nice flavor combo.

Hmmm, gonna have to try that soy sauce thing. Made up a pan of TX Red yesterday, making some ring sausage Friday and throwing it all on the smoker Sat. (well along with bb's spares, beans, torpedoes and brisket! gonna be working the BSKD and drum some)

CHIT!!!
Looks mighty fine! Ya didn't cook the wind out of them, Did Ya? :shock:
You wouldn't happen to have a recipe for that “CHILI” (w/o beans of course) that you would care to share, now would you? I sure would like to give that a try! A "DAWG" w/ your "CHILI" and "CHEESE" and "SMOKED JAPS" :biggrin: A meal fit for a KING!
"BUT" :confused: Hey!!!! :shock: Where is the "BEER" :?:
have you heard of a spice store here in ft worth texas called pendry's:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

no beans for me or my chilli lol

Spoken like a true Texan. When I was at the seminary in Ft. Wayne, IN several of us transplanted Texans started a seminary-wide chili cookoff - we had two categories: (1) Orthodox - beef, tomatoes, spices (no beans, pasta, etc); and (2) Heterodox - anythin with beans, pasta, non-beef meats, etc.

The Orthodox category was always the overall winner.

Can't wait to try smoking it, though. Thanks for the idea!

Reckon I always could stand to get my butt whooped by my dad..........

I was weighing the options, beer and smoked chili coupled with a$$ whopping or just go on up and see my dad.

Back