THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I smoked a brisket over the weekend and decided to use the leftovers for burritos.

I smoked the brisket along with some pastrami and a few wings, using a bit of hickory.

100_4289-1.jpg

I have my cooker parked under a shade tree. It's nice there, but the tree casts shadows on the food when I'm trying to get good pictures.....oh well. lol

100_4293-1.jpg

I foiled the brisket with a mixture of shiner bock beer and Dale's marinade...
100_4296-1.jpg

This is the brisket with the drippings poured over it.

100_4341-1.jpg

I sauted some onions along with the brisket...

100_4348-1.jpg

Rolled up in a fresh tortilla with some cheese and chipotle slaw...
Chipotle slaw,
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (more if you like)
dash of salt to taste
minced onion
squeeze of fresh lime juice
1 bag of shredded cole slaw cabbage
Mix and chill

100_4353-1.jpg

I fried the burritos a bit to make them crunchy, just because I like them that way. :)

100_4369-1.jpg

100_4369-2-1.jpg

I like the added chipotle slaw, gives it a nice crunch and spice kick. :)

Are you sure you haven't been a member here before, and that "cowgirl" isn't just a nom de plume?

That is some outstanding looking food.

Thank you folks!

Harbormaster...I'm just me.:redface::biggrin:

lol..."bobbie".....good one Ashmont!:biggrin:

Thank you folks! Ron, Norco doesn't like brisket either? In that case you get his. lol
Sorry Pat.:biggrin:

Now that's what I call a real burrito, no skimping just honest stick to the ribs goodness. I appreciate you sharing that slaw recipe I definitely need to try that one soon. So I probably missed it when you joined but what is your first name? Cowgirl is cool but I would rather be a gentleman when addressing you.

Thank you for the kind words folks! I had 1/2 of it for lunch today. Still tasted pretty good.

Back