THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I haven't personally cooked on one of these, but I can tell you I was close to buying one based on the amazingribs.com review. Hemmed and hawed and eventually went with the Pit Barrel instead as I wanted charcoal.

I'm sure you will be turning out great que in no time. Can't wait to see you share the results.

I bought one last summer and sort of have buyer's remorse. I always had trouble controlling the temperature (which everyone says is the best feature of it) and the food never came out as good as I wanted. Basically just use it now as a warming oven or to cook sides and have thought about selling it.

Be curious to follow this thread to see other people's experiences to see if I can learn.

Was my first smoker an i still have it. Temps were never an issue unless it was windy. Then forget it. I may be the odd ball by i used chunks instead of the chips. Just lay 1 or 2 chunks on the tray and they will smoke. They usually lasted about an hour-two depending on the temp then i added more. I also used water in the water tray. I thought the jerky and ribs off of it were pretty darn good

Well delivery is tomorrow and I will be seasoning it this week and the weekend I will get my smoke on. I WANT ribs, a fatty, brisket and burnt ends and last but not least pulled pork

Back