THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone tried putting a small cast iron pan with some wood chunks on the heat diffuser to try and get a more pronounced smoke flavor ?

I wouldn't worry too much about it "leaking smoke". They all do, and it's not a Bad Thing. You may burn a bit more pellets, but then you also get a bit more smoke flavor as a result, and you don't get the dreaded "stale smoke" in the cooker. Let yer cooker breathe!

Thanks for posting, looks great. Let us know after some serious smoking. :-D
Took the brisket to the Texas bash... no complaints. :heh:
ee8d21b35bcc096248e8e5ee48399654.jpg
9548e0931e86e24663383b75eaa77e36.jpg
dacb451348d080b6d0f5fc1cf204862c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lumberjack 100% hickory. The Competition Blend isn't too bad. I still have 3 other flavors of LJ to try.

I’ve tried LJ hickory and pecan so far. I still have LJ oak, cherry, and apple I need to try. Looking forward to apple wood smoked turkey!

Does the 440 need to modified for a second shelf?
I don't see a place to mount it so i would think so. I would email Dennis. I asked but didn't ask about mounting it.

Back