THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Lookin for some brethren help. Cannot find a nice 8-10 lb brisket flat. The only thing so far is about 4 lb ish. What would an expected smoke time be for a small brisket like this? Really appreciate all you folks out there with suggestions.

wow, hard to say. I usually cook 9 pounders but they are whole and have alrteady been trimmed and all so they probably started out as 12's. I'd say a 4 punder could be done in 6 hours maybe? Im just guessin though.

I did a 4 1/2 pounder a couple weeks ago, my first try as well. I cooked it for about 5 hours at 225. I wrappred it after a little more than 2 hours, at the end I put it over direct heat for a few minutes to add a little more bark to it. Let it rest for 45 minutes.
It worked out well, but I will wrap it after about 60 to 80 minutes next time. I think it should have been a little more moist.

Back