Sip & Swine Charity Cook 4th Edition 2019 (Also competing this time.....with just my Pit Boss??)

So now in full weather watching mode. Granted things are not accurate 1 day out let alone 3-4, but if there is rain there is a possibility of us not vending. Worst case would be getting all the supplies and donations made to make this happen to have lots of leftover food and not raise much for the kids and their families.......

So we will wait and see. Back up plan is to simply not vend and just donate directly, which is still very nice. There is an outside group that supports us in doing this so via funds and products so everyone is on the same page for this game plan :-D.

oX53dFMl.png

So now in full weather watching mode. Granted things are not accurate 1 day out let alone 3-4, but if there is rain there is a possibility of us not vending. Worst case would be getting all the supplies and donations made to make this happen to have lots of leftover food and not raise much for the kids and their families.......

So we will wait and see. Back up plan is to simply not vend and just donate directly, which is still very nice. There is an outside group that supports us in doing this so via funds and products so everyone is on the same page for this game plan :-D.

oX53dFMl.png

Definitely will be a wet contest at one point. I just hope I can unload Thursday night without getting to wet.

Competing with the Pit Boss? I called it in one of your threads!!
Looking forward to another EPIC Jason thread.
If you're not vending, still going to compete with just the PB?

You don't vend in the rain? You'll have at least 3 customers if you do.

This event the rain won't scare everyone away because it is so large and has great attractions and bands. But weather can be a big make or break for the vendors. I know our capacity from the last 3yrs and if rain would even cause us to take a 50% hit in sales I'd just assume donate. Seen too many events where a few showers/thundershowers even if just for a few 30min intervals and everyone goes home and the vendors lose money and have to sit on a crap ton of unserved food.

This event isn't about me making money, it is about making the most possible money for the charity.

Plus our setup isn't spectacular for rain vending. I won't make the call until Friday so still time to see what happens. Won't keep us from competing and seeing how we do cooking it all on the Pit Boss of course :becky:

Weather was looking good up until today...40% chance of rain each day. :sad:

Weather was looking good up until today...40% chance of rain each day. :sad:

Ya which blows. Hard to have perfect weather 4years in a row. They will still have. a good turnout with the great music line up and other entertainment. Teams are full which is awesome

Jason, we will miss your food if you bag it. Just hope the Devil's Backbone guys vend in the rain. :pray:

Jason, we will miss your food if you bag it. Just hope the Devil's Backbone guys vend in the rain. :pray:

We'll still have some comp stuff leftover after turn ins are done at 1:30. So swing by our site, wherever we end up. I'll take pics and post here.

Today's forecast isn't any better which sucks. But again with people on the squad willing to donate we will do some good for the charity.

I'm watching the forecast myself and it seems like it changes every hour or so. I am just going to accept the fact that I am going to be wet and probably miserable, so enter liquid morale booster, 80 proof :heh:

I've never seen a brisket trimmed like that, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Back