Singing beef tallow’s praises

Killa J

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
I’m always finding new ways to use it, but this one might be one of my favorites now. This morning I wanted to make a breakfast sandwich. We had a party at our house yesterday, so all of the small appliances were put away including the toaster. So I pan fried the bread like you do with grilled cheese, but I used beef tallow instead of butter or oil. It was hands down the best breakfast sandwich I’ve ever made. Scrambled eggs, bacon, slice of extra sharp cheddar, and the tallow fried toast. The tallow added something to the sandwich that’s hard to explain, but it was so rich. I highly recommend trying tallow and pan frying the next time you want a sandwich.

I like that. I’m tryin’ it. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if you are a fan of breakfast american fries, try some tallow in that pan too

Will try for sure. I have been getting into bacon grease for such things and also great. Made the best pancakes on the Blackstone using it

Growing up we used drippings instead of Butter, loved it
real heart attack stuff

50/50 with canola oil for deep frying, especially for homemade french fries.

I still prefer using mayonnaise when toasting bread in a skillet, but tallow is easier.

I smoked a brisket (and a pork butt) for a gathering Saturday. After trimming and getting the brisket in the smoker I rendered all of the fat I had trimmed from it, used a generous dose of tallow when I wrapped the brisket and it turned out to be the best I ever cooked (or ate). I had tried using tallow in the wrap on my last cook wrapping in butcher paper but the brisket ended up tasting like wet paper, obviously an issue with my selection of butcher paper. I hadn't gotten any new butcher paper yet so I used foil this weekend. Tallow will be part of all of my brisket cooks moving forward, and I have enough left over that I'll be trying some for toast, eggs and other things.

Back