THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

posey's_pork_pit

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Good morning ~ I've been itching to try the SM rubs I purchased sometime ago and today is the day!

100_0948.jpg

We have SM Spicy Apple on the bottom rack and SM Cherry on the top rack.

100_0951.jpg

On the cooker

100_0952.jpg

Sweet Blue :thumb:

100_0955.jpg

Be back later.......thanks for looking. :becky:

This is how me and Posey roll

100_0959.jpg

Oh......you want rib pron........3 hour mark ~ rotated these beauties! Can you smell that? Just saying...... :heh:

100_0965.jpg

100_0962.jpg

See you in a few!

Are you burning oak there? I just went and cut a bunch of pieces of grand oak up into mini-split pieces for making my COS Brinkmann SnP into a stick burner. Its gonna have to season for a while.

Your ribs are looking SIMPLY MARVELOUS!!!

Are you burning oak there? I just went and cut a bunch of pieces of grand oak up into mini-split pieces for making my COS Brinkmann SnP into a stick burner. Its gonna have to season for a while.

Your ribs are looking SIMPLY MARVELOUS!!!

Water oak from my yard ~ lost 2 of them last year ~ but they keep giving. Oh, and a bit of maple as well as hickory. Thanks for looking! :becky:

I almost forgot

And here are the finished SM Spares ~ ready to be dinner some other day! :-D

100_0966.jpg

I almost lost this one moving it to the foil :roll:

100_0971.jpg

Cooked unfoiled, spritzed, or sauced ~ just Steph's rub for 8 hours. Sauced them lightly (my recipe) and into the freezer.

Wow, they look really nice. Never used SM stuff but it appears to have a lot of sugar in it since that's a nice dark color like you sauced them.

Actually, that nice, rich color is from the oak/maple/hickory wood that I use to fire my stick burner. OK, Steph's rub may have had a little to do with it. :thumb:

Seriously, there isn't much sugar in SM rubs, if any at all.

Back