THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubmybutt

Full Fledged Farker
Just got my 5 shaker sample pack from Steph and was wondering what worked best on chicken? Just took a 10 lbs. bag of hindquarters out of the freezer and can't wait to rub and try the grub!:thumb:

Don't know which is best, but this weekend I brined some chicken & added some SM cherry to the brine, then rubbed it with SM cherry & it turned out fantastic!

Pretty basic - about 1 cup kosher salt & 1 cup sugar to 2 gallons of water - I really don't know the amt. of the cherry - I just threw some in 'til it "looked right". I brined somewhere between 12-14 hours. I have a feeling it would have been overly salty had I gone longer. The chicken this weekend was fine, but I could tell it was on its way to being a little much with the salt. I may dial back the salt a little next time or just stick with the shorter brining time. I also prepared the brine ahead of time and let it get cold in the fridge before putting the chicken in it so as to maintain a safe temp for storing chicken.

I brined 6 chicken breast in 2 quarts of water with 1/2 cup of Simply Marvelous Cherry for about 6 hours yesterday. Smoked them low and slow for 2 hours with Cherry woods and then added a dusting of SM Cherry when they came off the smoker. They where really good, as a matter of fact my wife asked me not to send some over to the neighbors, which I always do!@

Back