Contest Results Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Cookoff Festival Silver Lake, MI. September 12 & 13 2008 ***Results Added***

Need a runner

Plans are changing. With the Parvo virus scare around West Michigan we are not bringing the puppy and that means I'm not bringing Carol. So if anybody wants to run boxes for me I'll offer Breakfast in return plus some take home samples if desired.

I'm really looking forward to the contest especially the sleep I'll be able to get. Pearl actually slept for nearly 3 hours last night before crying to go out. I understand the "what goes in must come out" concept but she adds new meaning to it. She can store it so it comes out in installments every 2-3 hours.

Hopefully I'll bring a 1/2 pan of creamy chicken encheladas for dinner Friday.

Plans are changing. With the Parvo virus scare around West Michigan we are not bringing the puppy and that means I'm not bringing Carol. So if anybody wants to run boxes for me I'll offer Breakfast in return plus some take home samples if desired.

I'm really looking forward to the contest especially the sleep I'll be able to get. Pearl actually slept for nearly 3 hours last night before crying to go out. I understand the "what goes in must come out" concept but she adds new meaning to it. She can store it so it comes out in installments every 2-3 hours.

Ah , yes....I remember those first couple of months with the little one :wink: Just called the vet...didn't know about the Parvo virus scare(living in a bubble mod)said Maggie is up to date on all vacines...but a good idea to keep her away from strange dogs.

Whatever I decide to make on Friday, I'll bring enough to share. Hope you can find a runner.

Theresa,

Can you post any details about the potluck?

Do you know anything about the dessert and apple/pork categories? Like times and turn-in containers?

I need sleep...

Ford, if I can make it, I will have a runner for you. Either Michael or Travis, I think Travis is already commited to Mark... :mrgreen:

Theresa,

Can you post any details about the potluck?

Do you know anything about the dessert and apple/pork categories? Like times and turn-in containers?

I need sleep...

You know as much a I do on the Potluck.....so far only you, me, Mark and Ford have said they have an interest....so either the few of us can get together or as I said in an earlier post just fend for ourselves....I'm fine with whatever ya'll want to do.

Think you already recieved this from Jeff....but here it is for anyone else that wants to know. They are still determining Ribbon/Prize Money for said catergories...will post as soon as I hear:

All entrees prepared on site
Open turn in display (no box unless your choice)
Three categories.

1. Apple Dessert
2. Apple Salad
3. Apple/ Pork Entrée

We will give you some local grown apples to use but you can bring your own apples
Turn in time
5 pm -5:15 pm (at a site to be determined yet)

Hope this helps
Jeff

So I guess that means you are not the RAT again Julie?
We're cooking this weekend, Scottie! I'm still sick as a dog but think we can pull it off.

Good luck to you this weekend.

JCA

I'm liking the sounds of Fords cider-n-capn mixture a whole lot better than that crap flavored kerosene you made me drink in Mt. Morris.
Was hoping to get up there Friday but it doesn't look to promising. Have fun, like I had to say that.

Scott

You know as much a I do on the Potluck.....so far only you, me, Mark and Ford have said they have an interest....so either the few of us can get together or as I said in an earlier post just fend for ourselves....I'm fine with whatever ya'll want to do.

Think you already recieved this from Jeff....but here it is for anyone else that wants to know. They are still determining Ribbon/Prize Money for said catergories...will post as soon as I hear:

All entrees prepared on site
Open turn in display (no box unless your choice)
Three categories.

1. Apple Dessert
2. Apple Salad
3. Apple/ Pork Entrée

We will give you some local grown apples to use but you can bring your own apples
Turn in time
5 pm -5:15 pm (at a site to be determined yet)

Hope this helps
Jeff

$50.00 dollars to the winner in each catergory for anyone who might be interested.

Getting ready

I have a runner. :eek: Thanks to everybody for the help.

I just finished prepping my breakfast strata and it's pre-cooking in the oven. In honor of the apple festival it's a sausage, onion, apple mix with of course cheese on top. It overfilled the pan there was so much stuffing.

I also found real nice parsley at Meijers Rockford but they are just about out now. :biggrin:

I'll finish packing later this afternoon and plan to hit the road around 7 tomorrow so should be there by 8:30 or so. :icon_cool

I know I told ya I'd be there sat mornin Ford, but I may have changed my mind, I may come up tomorrow instead. I'm thinkin somewhere between noon and 2 pm. I want to help ya set-up, and make the rounds to see if I can put the hex/wammy on the competition! Thanks for the directions, see you all tomorrow.!:icon_devil

Back