THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
Had some shrimp thawing out yesterday and thought.........Po Boys! But, didn't want to hassle with batter and frying. Did a quick search and went with the first recipe I came to. It's a Paula Deen recipe that I altered. Here's her basic and the changes I made:
Ingredients

• 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
  • 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
  • 3 celery stalks, minced (1 stalk only)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (1/4 cup)
  • Dash onion salt (dashes of onion powder and garlic powder)
  • Salt and pepper (omitted salt)
  • Seasoning salt (Lawry's brand)
  • Celery salt (Lemon Pepper)
  • 8 slices your choice bread, toasted
  • Lettuce and tomato slices, optional (I added some sliced cabbage, diced maters, cilantro into the actual salad instead)
  • 1 tsp yellow mustard
  • 5 squirts or so of hot sauce
Directions

Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.(I just diced the shrimp for better texture) Transfer shrimp to a bowl and add eggs, celery, and mayonnaise; mix well. Add seasonings, to taste, and stir to combine. Spread additional mayonnaise on both sides of bread. Heap shrimp salad onto bread and then cut sandwiches in half. Serve with lettuce and tomato, if desired.
(I tossed it into the freezer for about 15 minutes to cool)

DAYYUUMM GOOD!!! Had to fight the wife in order to take the leftovers for lunch! I let her win.:thumb:

Last edited:
My wife wanted a new food processor for Valentine's Day. Looks like i'll break it in for her and make sure it works.Thanks for the inspiriation :becky:

I hope my Padawan doesn't see this...

This is how it's probably gonna get down...

Her:"Hey Herb,I saw something on the Brethren Forum by a BobBrisket...it was a shrimp salad,shall we whip that up next cookout?
But...I want to smoke the shrimps before we make the salad."

Me::tsk::doh:.....yeah,oPhcourse...let's try that."

Thanks for the recipe Bobby B.!:cool:

OOOooooooooo. That looks so good Bob. Yea, probably enough salt in the Lawrys. Thanks.

Yup. Between the celery salt, onion salt, and the salt in the mayo I figured it would taste a lot better with way less than she called for. That's a ton of salt in the recipe.

Thanks again! The cabbage was much better than lettuce. I was also thinking that maybe placing the salad mix on top of some spring mix and omitting the cabbage would make for a decent sammich too. I think some capers would have gone well with it also. Maybe even some sweet pickles.

It may not be bbq but that looks great!!! Thanks for sharing!! :-D

Very nice. Kinda reminds me of Lobster Rolls.

I am thinking of smoked shrimp too, but Im sure it is awesome without the smoke.

Back