THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M

miamirick

whos got a good recipe for shrimp and grits i have been seeing alot about it lately but need a good recipie \

i just boil my shrimp in zatterans shrimp boil and then just dump them in the grits!! a little cheese does not hurt!!:thumb:

cowgirl i just reviewed your thread and as always i say (even if it is not politically corrct) you are the man!

I make a very dirty roux, then add in chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and a little
garlic. Saute. Add in some bacon (already cooked, and chopped). Thin with a little
chicken broth. While doing this, cook seasoned shrimp in a little bacon grease.
In plate, put a bunch of grits, then spoon the saute'd mixture in the center, and line
with shrimp. NO CHEESE.

When I was in Savannah I had the most amazing Shrimp and Grits. The grits were a fried cake and shrimp gravy was poured over that.

I recreated it on my blog as MOINK Balls and Grits with a side note on how to used shrimp instead.

I don't have the link handy on mi iPhone I'll post it when I get home but if you hit my blog and then the MOINK category you should find it with ease.

Back