THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRRH

Knows what a fatty is.
Greetings
I am planning to build a BBQ shed to house an offset, WSM etc. I am thinking 10'x10' and enclosed to use in our cold, snowy winters. I have Googled BBQ Shed/Shack/building but have not found much to help guide my design.

If you have a pic of your BBQ area/shed it would be great to share it as well as any words of wisdom re air flow, size et.
To start, here are a few designs that I may try to incorporate.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:
IMHO the 3-sided (red roof) pic will work a lot better. If you try close it off too much, you'll end up cutting down on your airflow. Your goal should be more of a glorified wind blocker than a smoke shack.

Mine started out as a standard tool shed, then we modified it. Ran electrical & DirecTv, installed a fridge & beer tap, also extended the roof for extra cover. The inside has shelves on 3 sides, no cookers inside, but plenty of room for my other gear. Nothing fancy, but it more than meets my needs.

27139399504_94d1bc03d9_b.jpg

I built a 10x30 deck across he back of my garage and built a 12x12 shed on the end of the garage. The shed is a temporary structure sitting on three skids and is not attached to the garage.

pitpatioslicerwok001_zps5a1b262b.jpg

Pics of the inside of the shed:

pitpatioslicerwok007_zpsc55439e1.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok006_zpsca369487.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok005_zpsac3ffeda.jpg

pitpatioslicerwok004_zpsa1c2cae9.jpg

The shed is more for storing my Weber collection, supplies and whatnot than it is a cooking shack/shed.

I have learned this, 12x12 may sound big, but it's not. If I had it to do over again I would have built no smaller than 16x12, preferably 20x12.

Mine started out as a standard tool shed, then we modified it. Ran electrical & DirecTv, installed a fridge & beer tap, also extended the roof for extra cover. The inside has shelves on 3 sides, no cookers inside, but plenty of room for my other gear. Nothing fancy, but it more than meets my needs.

27139399504_94d1bc03d9_b.jpg

Great space, has it all. My problem is trying to have a BBQ space that I can use when it 20 below and 3 ft of snow:oops:
Thanks for sharing

Man do you guys really want me to post a picture of my front yard? LOL nothing fancy. I wheel my vertical offset from the garage to the drive way, I cook with the other cookers in the front yard :D

Back