THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

olewarthog

Full Fledged Farker
Outstanding customer service. On Christmas morning I fired up my Assassin 17 to cook a few dozen ABTs & moink balls. I use the IQ120. After smoker came up to temp, I put the stuff on, I got a Pit Probe Error Alarm. I checked the probe, unplugged & replugged the probe & still got the alarm. I moved the probe & the alarm stopped. Ran flawless thru the rest of the cook.

I didn't have time to clean up the racks that day, so I fired it back up the next day (Monday) to warm up the cooker & clean the racks. When I turned on the IQ120, I got constant Pit Probe Error alarms. Couldn't get it to stop. I figured the probe had gone bad, but I emailed Pitmaster IQ support anyway. Since Monday was a holiday for most folks (like me), I really didn't expect a response until Tuesday. Barb at Pitmaster IQ responded right away. She was also very quick to respond to a couple of followup emails I sent. She also concluded it was a faulty probe. I just ordered a replacement and a spare today.

Kudos to Barb at Pitmaster IQ for exceeding my expectations with such timely support. I have been extremely pleased with the performance of the IQ120 & with this level of support, I will be a customer for a long time to come. Its really great to have good folks who stand behind & support the products they sell.

ps. I got my eye on the IQ130 bluetooth model. Could be my 2017 Christmas wish list.

Back