THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have people tell me mine is offensive as well. I tell them to go and tell my daughters who lost their mommy and dont remember her bexause they were only 5 and 2 when she was taken from us.

They usually run away. If they dont, i usually pommel their asses.

Fark 'em

I see three aspects....

1. If you change the name... the t-shirt I own with your original name just became a collector's item.
2. If it was complained by skinny people... what were they doing at a BBQ event?
and 3. Were they fat vegans?

Keep the name... tell them to look for their misplaced humor.

No, I don't think you should change it.! I mean, If they don't like it that you're fat.. to heck with them!

There is WAY too many people out there trying to find something that they
think they can be offended by....so they can complain. (IMO)

I think your team name is fine. The next time somebody complains about
your name; tell them to "Get a Brain; and use it".

Thank you to all who have responded. After all the replies I am convinced that our name should not be changed. If in the future someone stops by our site we will always have some Kielbasa and Sauerkraut at the ready. We are proud of our Polish heritage and were just poking fun at ourselves in the name.

I have always enjoyed your humor and hospitality...the name and logo should remain the same...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

In a word: No! Your team name is one of my favs. It tells me that you are on the big side (as many of us here are and wear shirts with X's on the tag which Darrin of Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ assured me that 2X is BBQ medium), are of proud Polish decent, and have a sense of humor. I love that combination and want to take you up on that keilbasa and sauerkrut. :cool: I also assume that beer will be involved.:thumb::cool::cool:

I am Czech and grew up in a Czech community. We are pround of our heritage and tell "dumb Bohemie" or "Bohunk" jokes about ourselves. It's just what we do. People who did not grow up in this type of community may not undestand this. So be it. Fark 'em if they can't get the joke.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE DON'T CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Political correctness is eating away at our nation like a cancer! People need to get it through their heads that they have absolutely no constitutional right whatsoever to not be offended!

Mini rant over.

Exactly

In a word: No! Your team name is one of my favs. It tells me that you are on the big side (as many of us here are and wear shirts with X's on the tag which Darrin of Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ assured me that 2X is BBQ medium), are of proud Polish decent, and have a sense of humor. I love that combination and want to take you up on that keilbasa and sauerkrut. :cool: I also assume that beer will be involved.:thumb::cool::cool:

I am Czech and grew up in a Czech community. We are pround of our heritage and tell "dumb Bohemie" or "Bohunk" jokes about ourselves. It's just what we do. People who did not grow up in this type of community may not undestand this. So be it. Fark 'em if they can't get the joke.

Exactly, same thing in cajun country with Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes.

Perhaps it's just cultural. Meaning, the offended folks may not have grown up in the states. That, or they're just anal to begin with.

Leave it alone. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I could go on a rant here but I'll stop while I'm still excepted on this site. peace out.

Simply put.... You will NEVER please everyone. Don't change.

If you haven't heard it, the Eagles wrote a new song for their reunion tour and the Hell Freezes Over album. It's called "Get Over It" You probably ought to have it on your phone so you can play it for the maroons that are "offended".

The 1st verse:

I turn on the tube and what do I see
A whole lotta people cryin’ ’don’t blame me’
They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else
Spend all their time feelin’ sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your momma’s too thin; your daddy’s too fat

Get over it
Get over it
All this whinin’ and cryin’ and pitchin’ a fit
Get over it, get over it

Back