THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Lew
One of my bils asked me if I wanted a burn barrel. I asked him to elaborate and he has 2 pristine 55 gallon drums he wants to give away. They originally had brake cleaner in them.

I don't need another smoker, but if someone wants to give me a drum (he will deliver it free), I figure it may be fun building a UDS. What would I have to do to clean the drums so they are safe as a smoker? Burn them out? Clean with a degreaser? If it's simple, I think I'll go for it. Also, he is giving me both so if I take them, I'm giving one away. I live in East Cobb north of Atlanta if anyone is interested. Should I go for it?

I wouldn't hesitate to take a pristine drum. I would imagine a good burn would make any previous brake cleaner leech from it.

Back