THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is no reason not to. If you havent ever smoked on one you will be impressed. I was,my wife gave me one for Christmas and I just LOVE it. Everything I hoped it would be.Dialing in the temp is easy and will cook for hours without needing stoking.
If your adding to the herd, well, I still would.
It is easy to use and the learning curve is not that bad. Plenty of video's on line to give you the tips that will make easier.
I upgraded the Door to a stainless one from CajunBandit.com which fits so much better and seals great. Plus I got the larger water bowl, I do like the water smoke. These really helped.
Jump on it, you wont be sorry

For a WSM that per the ad "hasn't been used much" that upper grate is rough. I'm not sure it's rough enough to kill the deal but I'd check to see what else (if anything) is rusting.

I’m less than 2 hours away. Been locked in my house for a week and already have a 22. But I need something to do.

If you aren’t on your way, I’m headed down tomorrow to get it. :p

I'd take all of these as a solid "yes".
Get it
Use it
Enjoy it.

It's a deal- it's a steal- If I were close, I'd just get it myself.

The "build a UDS" is still valid - but no one says that anymore. :-D

I was going to say YES before I even clicked to read the thread.

That door looks pretty ill-fitting, but easy enough to remedy.

I know wrong group to ask... just picked up a free original ok joe from Craigslist a few weeks ago and got a 1/2 cord of oak/hickory. Better half said I have to get rid of one in order to get a new one. Not ditching GMG DB or 1/4 inch ok joe.... but will gladly ditch old ECB.

My other half told me I needed to get rid of a cooker to buy a new one (what I tell her with stuff she already has plenty of), so I told her the Weber gasser would be replaced by my new outdoor griddle. That Weber grill is her favorite, since it’s the only one she has ever used (or knows how to), so now I have an FTG600 (and still have the gasser) and gave up nothing.

Guess what I’m going to tell her I’m replacing with a gravity feed smoker once things get back to less uncertain? And potentially a pellet smoker after that?

New door, what else does this need based on ad? Intrigued by decked out WSM with fan but not sure all that’s in the budget... Will this thing do a decent job as is?

New door, what else does this need based on ad? Intrigued by decked out WSM with fan but not sure all that’s in the budget... Will this thing do a decent job as is?

Absolutely.

You don't need a fan or fancy door for it to run like a sewing machine.

It works great as is. The other things are just luxuries.

Get it, gunk it up and smoke some meat!

I’m sure you can get the door workable, so unless there are internal issues we can’t see, it should work fine as it is (one you knock the rust off the grate)

Absolutely!
I am still amazed how easy it is to cook with, even on a long (12hr) cook. Coming from an ECB though I keep checking on it too frequently though.
I too will get a fan in the future, but as is, it really is great to cook on.
If the grate doesnt clean up and is rusty Id look into that, but other than that it looks good based on the pics.

Cut most of my BBQ teeth on my Droid. Feeds a big crowd, easy to use and dial in temps, great in any weather, including Minnesota winters and is darn near indestructible (based on a few mishaps I created). My vote is YES

Back