THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Hey all! I came up with this for dinner last night. I actually wanted to make this for the "I am the Creator" throwdown, but time just simply ran out:mad:. On the flip side, I can enter it in the "I'd Hit That" throwdown, right?:razz:

Throwdown thread here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229361

I had ordered a Kurobuta Prime Rib of Pork from SRF, great product! Anyway, I cut it up into a few chops and a couple of small roasts. So........the players;
DSC_0223_zpszkfftuar.jpg

I made the same marinade I use for my Char Siu pork out of the ingredients above. A closer look;
DSC_0225_zpsn2lzqmw3.jpg

A couple shots after 24 hours in the marinade;
DSC_0228_zpsuuvtxqlh.jpg

DSC_0229_zpswn2w9cmb.jpg

On the rotisserie;
DSC_0231_zpsz59sqxgi.jpg

DSC_0236_zpseuht5ziz.jpg

While this was cruising, I made a honey mustard glaze out of;
DSC_0226_zpswpwvtxni.jpg

reserving the sesame seeds. After about an hour at 350-375;
DSC_0239_zpsdwkbwoow.jpg

DSC_0242_zpsonywnbnk.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsd7bbzzw0.jpg

Over about the next 30 minutes I brushed on a few coats of the glaze, and let it set up a bit, then added the sesame seeds to roast for a few minutes.
DSC_0255_zpsjvalnfgr.jpg

DSC_0256_zpsoc8x1ijs.jpg

I kinda overshot the IT a bit, it was around 150 when I pulled it to rest.
DSC_0263_zpsgcvqo5sq.jpg

Whipped up some salad and Broccolette to go along while the roast rested, then sliced.
DSC_0266_zpsv2isnxgx.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsh1z84q7c.jpg

A couple of plate shots;
DSC_0270_zpsijzk07zg.jpg

DSC_0271_zps0siysh0b.jpg

DSC_0273_zpshr6ecsme.jpg

This turned out fabulous. My daughter-in-law tasted it and said it reminded her of Chinese pork and mustard, which was exactly the nuance I was looking for :razz:. And it was tender, juicy and very tasty.

Thanks for looking all!

KC

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for the great feedback all!

Murder! Marinade recipe?

Looks great KC. Basic recipe?

Hmmmm, well, I don't measure anything, I just go by taste, but I'll give it a shot.

I start with about a 50/50 mix soy sauce and water. For this I used probably about a cup to a cup and a half soy sauce and about the same amount of water. I'll guess about a TBS of granulated garlic, a TBS of fresh grated ginger maybe a little more. Honey I really don't know. What I try to achieve is a marinade that is fairly salty and sweet at the same time. Then I add the chinese five spice to taste, maybe a half a teaspoon, be cautious, it can be pretty potent. The red food color is really optional, some recipes call for hoisin sauce, that will also give you some red color, I just don't use it personally. I just heat it all up to get it hot, so the flavors can steep, then cool. I like to marinate the meat for a minimum of 12 hours, 24 is better. Once you make it once or twice, you'll get all the flavors adjusted to your liking.
Sorry I can't be more specific.

KC

Back