THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
N/A
Having some more family over for a second Christmas with the kids. Decided to smoke a packer and some Mac and cheese. Last week I tried a new brisket method and wasn’t super happy with the results so I went back to a tried method with predictable results.

Started with a sams prime packer. 13.5 lbs pre-trimmed weight. Trimmed a little more aggressive than usual but this had some grey meat that I wanted to get rid of. The thickness of the flat was probably the best I’ve had yet.

TQqZ853l.jpg

Did the usual Worcestershire slather. Then a base rub of Oakridge black ops.

7aAUF5Sl.jpg

Topped off with dizzy pigs cow lick

4H2ekNhl.jpg

On to the pit at 225 (usually gets me about 250 grate temp). Amazen tube for extra smoke. Using all hickory pellets.

5m7l3atl.jpg

Woke up to this with forecast saying more to come. Have a wool blanket on the smoker for insulation.

88QVKaul.jpg

7012Q7Nl.png

hg0Ysdul.jpg

Getting closer. This weather has me looking at vacation home rentals in Florida for spring break.

Only got one pic of the aftermath. Flavor was great and the bark was killer. Point was super tender. The flat was decent. Little dry in the middle. It’s hard to hit perfection with a flat that has so much variance in thickness. I also don’t add any liquid during the cook and I didn’t inject so that’s probably part of it. For a prime these don’t have great marbling in the flat.

Guests were happy as usual.

khEn3M0l.jpg

Back