THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what kind of prices is he doing?

$37 for an open head 55 gallon drum; $25 for a tight head. I didn't ask whether they were new or reconditioned, but I'm going to assume they are not new.

I asked if they were unlined and the pleasant sales rep told me that they were unlined and that they sell to people who want to make smokers.

She requested a day's notice for anyone planning to come and pick up a drum.

Best,

Steve

i feel embarrassed to ask whats the difference between open head, and tight head, ohh boy i hate to ask this crowd....:oops:

I'm pretty new at this, but open head means that it may or may not have a removable lid; tight head is generally a closed system, i.e., you'll have to cut the top off if you want to use the drum for a UDS.

One question that I would want to ask the sales rep is whether the drums come with a rust-resistant coating on the inside. I assume that you would want to burn this out and sand-blast the interior clean.

Back