THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
Q

Que-Dawg

Whole wheat blueberry Scones
IMG_2818.jpg

Dashed with confectioner sugar
IMG_2822.jpg

Mmm, how good
IMG_2820.jpg

nice! that is something i've not tried

Those look great. Do you flour the blueberries before adding them? I do on the recommendation that it's supposed to keep them all from sinking to the bottom.

BTW, you just shot me in the foot 'cause I had planned on making my blueberry cornbread muffins for the Cornmeal Throwdown next week. :biggrin: Good thing I have plan B, and C, and D......

Those look great. Do you flour the blueberries before adding them? I do on the recommendation that it's supposed to keep them all from sinking to the bottom.

BTW, you just shot me in the foot 'cause I had planned on making my blueberry cornbread muffins for the Cornmeal Throwdown next week. :biggrin: Good thing I have plan B, and C, and D......

Guilty as charged. I also add sugar in the flour mix before dashing the berries.
I don’t think you need a plain B, C or a D… your too damn good on them eggs bro.

whoa. cool.

does the charcoal impart flavor in the scones?

Maybe a little but not really, RTD or thirdeye maybe better to answer why it does not. Or any other veteran egg head. I am still kinda new at the egg.

Guilty as charged. I also add sugar in the flour mix before dashing the berries.

I'm glad you confirmed that little trick.

whoa. cool.

does the charcoal impart flavor in the scones?

A clean burning, established fire (with no flavor wood chips or chunks) will leave you less flavor on things like breads. Tomato sauce and some cheeses can be a real smoke sponge over time, I don't use flavor woods when I'm cooking things like lasagna or eggplant parm since they are in the cooker for 30 or 40 minutes Pizza is the thing that picks up a great "brick oven" flavor in the 10 or 12 minutes it's in the Egg.

Back