THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blockhd

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Rok
Hey guys,

I was a bit bored today and during my ride home from work, i decided to BBQ some "St.Louis" ribs on my BDS.

Used just mustard as a binder and salt&pepper mix.

Ribs are on for 2 hours now... At 3h i will wrap them. I dont want to baste with BBQ sauce as i dont like my ribs sticky, can i do last hour unwrapped but without any sauce baste? Or should i heep rolling 3h wrapped?

Some pics:

Coal box fired up with heat gun
A5jhJMYm.jpg

Ribs on
BtIpB34m.jpg

Thin blue rolling
Ss3fg7Xm.jpg

I had some temp swings up to 130°C (270F), bit generally quite stable at 110-115°C (230-240F). I need to stop fiddling with vent.... 😄😄

Will keep you updated before wrap.

Cheers

Personally, I don't care for the 3-2-1 method, I just throw them on the grates and go. I'm also not a fan of saucing on the smoker. I dry rub and that's it. Maybe spritz if I'm feeling feisty.

I feel there is not enough bark on them, but honestly, its just salt and pepper rubbed. Also, cherry wood chunks. What do you guys think?

I watched a 3-2-1 vs no wrap video today and honestly... I think i will just try no wrap next time. Ribs might get a bit drier, but on the other hand, even more grease will render and this should balance things quite even.... Or maybe i will consider foil boat...

I've never wrapped ribs and have never had anyone complain. I actually don't see the point in wrapping.

Back