THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parruthead

Full Fledged Farker
Well since my mother in law's thanksgiving dinner left much to be desired I told the wife I would make her a decent meal which I think I accomplished this morning!

I started with making a loaf of white bread to go with dinner!
DSC_0658.jpg

While it was raising I prepped the ABT's I mixed about 1 cup of crasin's with a 1/2 package of cream cheese and then dusted it with LARUE dillo Dust!
DSC_0656.jpg

Then stuffed and wrapped them.
DSC_0657.jpg

I then started two chimney's with 18 coals each and set the Weber Performer up for indirect grilling !
DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

I cooked the bird for about four and a half hours adding ten pieces of charcoal every hour along with new piece's of Cherry wood. I took it out when the thigh read 180 degree's covered it in foil and put it in a warmed cooler to keep it till the ABT's were done!

I thought for sure that the bird was gonna be over cooked and dried out but it wasn't !!! All i did was dust it with Lawry's and rubbed the breast with butter! IT was a bit darker than i would have preferred but it still tasted great!
DSC_0651.jpg

Here is some pictures of the finished meals. The meal was rounded off with Mashed Potato's, Mashed Rutabaga and Bake Corn and Bake Sweet Potato's with Pumpkin Pie and Cheese cake for dessert!
DSC_0667.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

Your turkey looks mighty fine to me. I hope everyone was pleased and you had a Great Thanksgiving. Your bird looks like mine, BURNT and I was too embarrassed to post a picture. The good thing is that the skin tasted great, not burnt and the bird was juicy and moist and everyone was happy as I fed 23 people at my house this Thanksgiving. This was the first time I smoked a turkey on my WSM and I tried cooking hot and fast. Started out at 350˚ and I slowed it down to smoke around 300˚. Cooked faster than I thought and when I checked and stuck it with my Thermopen the breast reat 185˚. I was shooting for 165. Oh well, better luck next time. :becky:

Good lookin' grub :thumb: I would have been concerned with the turkey too as it looks very dark. Glad it turned out alright for you.

Back