THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicago

I was born in Chicago and lived there until we moved to the Burbs. Do you know where Streamwood is? It's right next (east) of Elgin. Graduated from Streamwood High in 1980. 8)

oops. Thought you logged off so I PM'ed you

I was born and raised on the South Side. You know what that means: Sox fan, and a SunTimes reader (since the Daily News folded) Bro Rice '84 Loyola'90 DePaul '99

Moved to Downers Grove in '94 Lombard'95 Aurora'99

Know exactly where Streamwood is.

IF your ever back here, you wouldn't recodnize the west side. Randall road has taken off. Unbelievable building pace.

Great to have you on board

The results...

The smoke went great. Sausage out after a couple hours, BBy's went out after a 2-2-1, BCC took a little longer than expected at 5 1/2 hrs., 3 lb. butt took 6 hours, and still cooking the 8 lb butt,(started 10:30 am cst) temps up to 187*....shouldn't be much longer. One Friend took the small butt for he and a friend, we delivered one BBy rack, sausage, baked beans, fried okra, and Texas toast to a friend who just had a baby---or her husband.

The wife rated Q dinner at a 8 out of 10 ( cause we didn't have any pork butt at dinner time) so I call that a success. I'll try to post some pics...never done that before hope they turn out.

Hell, how do you post pics? I've had a few.....

I put on a 9# butt at 4:30 its up to 117. No wind today, I'v been a solid 224 in the chamber so far. Think it 15/20 outsid this AM.

Can some give me a quick tutorial on posting pics?

Thanks.

Stucue74 said:
Can some give me a quick tutorial on posting pics?

Thanks.

just typ your note, then hit the Previev button you will see the ( ADD AN ATTACHMENT) button. if you still need a hand just say help and I'll walk you all the way through.

Hear to help ya ...Not to hurt ya

So any way, I put this 9 lb butt on at 4:30 AM it’s now 8:12 PM and it’s 202. 16 fucking Hrs. Will this be dry? I hope not. My wife and kids ordered a pizza at 6:00. I told her we’d eat around 5:00/ 5:30. I’m holding out.

For got to take a pic but I cooked breakfast on the Deara again, like last summer.
Hears the old pic.

Pepper, black specks, it’s all good. Just got done pulling that butt apart. I think this whole pulling thing is over ratted. It’s more like a controlled collapse. I think the cold weather helps by keeping the temp down. Makes for a longer smoke, ya know.

Did learn something new to day. I was loading up some wood when my 5 and 7 year old daughters came out to play. One thing leads to another and guess what, when my digital thermometer goes all the way up to 500 it just says HI.

Bill, I stopped cooking right on the top some time ago, now I have this “griddle” its supposed to fit over two burners on a stove. But I keep it in my box of toys. I think it was $10 at Wall Mart, Target, Bass Pro or some wear.

Okay, finally here are my Saturday cook results. By the way, ate the butt sammies for lunch today with a little N.C. vinegar sauce, mayo, and bbq sauce. Meat was like butter... :wink:

Got plenty of leftovers. the wife has a bunko party tonite at our house so yesterday I made some of the burritos from the recipe that Mark posted a week ago. They good!! I added some jalapeno's to take it to another level.

Correction: SolidKick provided the burrito recipe, thanks SolidKick.

What's up the chitlen hiny? Answer: An metal can holder and Miller Lite. Got the beer can holder at Wal-mart for $5. With the wind here in OK we need all the support we can get, it prevents the bird from tipping over.

Back