THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Tried my 1st Tri Tip. It was okay, a little over done. I have a Taylor Insta Read (10 second read) Tri Tip had been on the Egg for an hour at 375º and had a temp of 124º. 15 minutes later, high 140º's. I think I need a new thermometer, can't see it climbing that fast. Red Oak for smoke.

Picture663.jpg

Picture674.jpg

Picture700.jpg

Picture704.jpg

Picture658.jpg

Picture660.jpg

Picked up a Sweet tater and Squash from the farmers market

Picture722.jpg

Peach

Picture645.jpg

Picture646.jpg

Picture686.jpg

Picture737.jpg

Picture738.jpg

WOW! That's a feast! :p Great job bro...the tri-tip almost looks like a brisket...great smoke ring too. I recommend a thermapen for an instant read thermo...great product.

ps...green is the best! :twisted:

That looks really good.... nice job!
smart move getting "choice" grade. I did my first last night with "select" grade and it was very tuff.

Tri tip is on sale here $2.99/lb at albertsons...$1.99/lb at Ralphes. I would tell you I cooked one last night with some chops but you all would call me a liar since my camera is broken. Tasted good though. How was the peach deal?

Back