Saturday Cook : I missed the bash edition.

BeardedBassGuy

Full Fledged Farker
So due to a sick kid, I was unable to make the Texas Bash yesterday. Really hated missing it and it looks like the bash was a great time. But I had ribs that were ready to smoke, and a sick kid who just happens to love ribs. So I cooked.

3 racks of St Louis from Costco.

All racks were coated in melted butter before rubbing. And also got honey / brown sugar / apple juice spritz at 2 hours. 2 coats of sauce over the last 45 minutes. Unwrapped the whole cook. About 4 hours at 225-275 pecan and oak combo.

Left to right in the pics rub / sauce combos:

Sucklebusters Hogwaller with Head Country Original
Blues Hog Dry Rub with FUBAR brand "for butts and ribs"
Jimmy's Chuckwagon Rotisserie blend with 4 Escobar's original.

All 3 turned out to be great flavor combinations.

A note on the FUBAR brand. I got it for free at HEB for buying something else. Figured sure, I don't mind trying something new. Noticed a portion of every sale goes to Folds of Honor. That's awesome. Anyway, decided to try it for the first time this weekend. Out of the bottle, it was NOT good. Wife and I both strongly disliked it. But I decided to try it on a rack anyway. And I'm glad we did. Apparently heat and smoke (and rub) make a world of difference with this sauce. Very tasty and Paired well with the blues hog.

Anyway, on to the pics. Hope you enjoy. We did, as this was maybe my best ever rib cook.

EXyK6Dql.jpg

YvvhyShl.jpg

AmY5hEEl.jpg

wow21Lyl.jpg

You definitely were missed but kids always come first. Ribs look great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back