THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Finally got to break in my new to me Santa Maria grill with one rack of loin back ribs and one rack of St. Louis cut ribs. The St. Louis cut has was seasoned with salt, pepper, & granulated garlic. The loin backs had a low sugar Blues Hog rub applied. I left the membrane on the back to help retain moisture.

Started out with almost a full bag of Royal Oak lump and added small oak splits as the cook went along.

VTZpi50l.jpg

Roasting a few pepper to add to mac n cheese
IvY4iaml.jpg

Used an old kettle lid to hold some heat and smoke on the meat.
ZbMzVMnl.jpg

Mid way through the cook.
uxWw8sIl.jpg

We had guests over so I didn't get plated pics. This was taken after dinner.
X1ysXCtl.jpg

Not sure what temp I was cooking at but this was the fastest rib cook I have ever done. The thin end of the loin backs was a little crispy but over all they were pretty good. Don't know if it was really better than slow smoked on my offset or UDS but everybody definitely enjoyed them and it was a fun cook. I will definitely be using this grill a lot.

Thanks,

Matt

Looks great! I'm hoping to have a SM cooker at some point. Love food cooked over burning wood - thanks for posting!

Back