THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I used to be a Sams member but switched to costco a couple years ago. Mostly for other supplies at first but I've been buying more meat there recently. I'll have to swing by sam's with Dad (he still has a sams card) and check them out. thanks for the heads up.

Put me down as being a Sam's fan. I just got a membership there last year and I haven't been back to Costco since. I just find that everything in general seems to be cheaper there and they have a better variety as far as food and household items go. I actually never realized how expensive Costco was until I joined Sam's. The only drawback is that my local store is an hour away and they don't carry whole packers. Oh well, you can't win them all.

We have both in Vegas; we've belonged to Sam's for years so haven't changed. Also Sam's is more convenient for us. From our one visit, I do think Costco might have better meat. Need to check that out more then maybe we'll switch. BJ's isn't around here.

I've got a whole paker from Sam's on the UDS right now. Hard to best their prices around here.

Last edited:
I remember BJ's from my youth. Man they were great. They were decent quality and the service was quick and no hassle.

Funny you should bring that up. The last BJ's I remember were when I lived in Seattle before I got married which was in my youth too. Once I got hitched and moved to the other side of the state I was disappointed to find out they were long gone. I've since gotten used to Costco only...

Sams? Costco? ... am I the only one here who prefers BJs?

No Gore, I prefer BJs but they closed our store; the closest store now is almost 20 miles from my house so I shop at Costco. As I've said before, all of the big box stores have their plus' and minus'.

I love Sam's for all my fav BBQ meats. I priced some case lots of pork loins, brisket and ribs the other day. The guy behind the counter also told me that their price on Loin Backs dropped by 50 cents a pound!!!

Back