THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They sent me an e-mail about W-9's and signage requirements.

A bit off topic but following Muzzlebrake here.

Funny thing about those W9's. After a few beers awaiting for the awards, I could not remember my BBQ Tax ID. So, I filled out the W9 with my SSN.

They handed my check to me made out to my team name and said "will your bank recognize this?" Well, because I've deposited some small checks previously, my bank will. I just wonder what would have happened if I said "no".

Let's see.

Announced 6 months out, organizer is no where to be found, moved the event witout notifying teams. No one in charge ever logged in to stroke egos. So wheres the shake n bakers? Huh huh huh?

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

Quite honestly, I think moving it to Laurel makes sense -- the Long Island location seemed like it was throwing a bone to the New England teams. Laurel is more centrally located between the 3 local contests.

The fact of the matter is that the New England teams got screwed in the whole thing.

Quite honestly, I think moving it to Laurel makes sense -- the Long Island location seemed like it was throwing a bone to the New England teams. Laurel is more centrally located between the 3 local contests.

The fact of the matter is that the New England teams got screwed in the whole thing.

It was a real good cock tease for sure

This isn't about BBQ in the northeast, it's about KCBS. plain and simple. Screw you NE.

Not sure what to believe as who to point the finger at yet . I traded a few emails with troy black this evening. He is saying it was a corporate decision by Sams. As far as KCBS , to me it all falls back to having no representation around here. Nobody in our corner with a voice.

Who Exactly Decided that Troy Black should be in charge of this series? secondly, who decided how and whom would be chosen to be reps for these events? do they get paid by KCBS? If so why is KCBS looking for "volunteers" to help out with this series? if we can afford to pay for reps, why not compensate everyone? There are bigger questions here I think.

May 27, 2011 07:58:56 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Steve,

I've forwarded your email to Troy Black, the Director of the Sam's Tour. He can better address your concern.

Thank you for contacting KCBS.

May 30, 2011 12:01:01 PM, [email protected] wrote:
Steve,I was forwarded your email regarding the venue change for the region 5. The decision to make the change was done in haste, nor was choosing the replacement site. There were a lot of factors that came in to play. Not all club locations are suitable for this event for various reasons. Choosing the locations for these events was more than geographical.

We certainly understand if you need to withdraw from the local qualifying event. Please review our refund policy which allows you to withdraw with a full refund up to 30 days prior to the event.

If I can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Troy Black
Series Director
Sam's Club National BBQ Tour

driver

May 31, 2011 07:05:21 AM, [email protected] wrote:
Steve,

Please confirm that you want to be removed from the Pittsburgh, PA Sam's Club event.

Thank You,

Who Exactly Decided that Troy Black should be in charge of this series? secondly, who decided how and whom would be chosen to be reps for these events? do they get paid by KCBS? If so why is KCBS looking for "volunteers" to help out with this series? if we can afford to pay for reps, why not compensate everyone? There are bigger questions here I think.

I am gonna blame SIDE for all of that, hes definitely behind it

Not sure what to believe as who to point the finger at yet . I traded a few emails with troy black this evening. He is saying it was a corporate decision by Sams. As far as KCBS , to me it all falls back to having no representation around here. Nobody in our corner with a voice.

I hope one of our LI friends will visit the Medford location that weekend and see if there really is a renovation. I smell a rat !!!

I think that Troy is the rep for Sam's not KCBS.

As for the reps, I don't know the answerto that one. There aren't "reps" assigned to the contests, there are "directors". The majority of but not all of the contest directors are members of the KCBS BOD.

Troy Black said:
The decision to make the change was (not) done in haste, nor was choosing the replacement site.

But we completely forgot to inform any of the teams involved that we made this switch. :doh:

I heard thru a grapvine that each organizer is given a $3000 'stipend' to run each event. :doh: So the ones that have 4 events are getting $12k in 'stipends'. Again.. its grapevine chatter... unverified.

just got this e-mail this morning.....maybe they heard something we said.....

Sam's Club® Region 5 Regional Event Moved

The Regional Event for Region 5 has been moved from Medford, N.Y. to Laurel, Md. The event will still take place on Sept. 30-Oct. 1.

The Sam's Club in Medford is undergoing a major renovation, which is why the Regional Event was moved.

The new location, Sam's Club #6434 is located at 3535 Russett Green East, Laurel, MD 20724.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause teams participating in this region. The Local Events will remain the same, as will the qualifying rules. Your event director will send more information.

At least they still held it during the Royal!

I wasn't happy when that was originally scheduled, but if you gotta move locations....you might as well change the date a week.

No American Royal...and I already had a new brisket presentation that was going to get 11th place (thanks Bentley:-D), I guess I'll have to use that down in Maryland now.

I don't like sounding bitter, but a pint of bitter, please!

Back