Sam's Club Question

DMDon

Full Fledged Farker
Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm not able to do a search on my "smart" phone.
I don't understand registration rule #3.(pasted below) The first 2 sentences seem to contradict each other. #1. While on a waitlist for contest 1 a team can register for contest 2 and not lose the waitlist position for contest 1. #2. However, when registering for contest 2 the team's waitlist position for contest 1 will be forfeited. I'm sure there must be an explanation on how this works, but I'm not seeing it.
Thanks

While a team is on a wait list for its preferred contest, that team will now be able to register for a second contest (which may have open team positions at the time) WITHOUT jeopardizing the team's original wait list position during the process. However, if the team is successful in registering for the second contest, that team's wait list position on the first contest will be forfeited and opened up to another team. During the process of seeking an open slot at a second contest, if the team ends up on a second waiting list, this will be the maximum number of attempts the team can make to enter the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour. When or if the team makes it into a contest via the wait list, then the team's second wait list position will be forfeited and made available to another team on the wait list. The online programming for this process will be an automatic process.

Damn....I think it means when you're selected to a contest, any remaining wait listings are forfeited. So, they can make room for other teams.

Register early and avoid this insanity...

I think what they mean is that you can stay in line at contest 1 until you are successful registering for contest 2, at which point you are dropped.

I think this is mainly meant to handle the scramble for spots when registration opens. I finally get through to contest 1, but I'm 1st on the wait list. Do I drop that spot to try to get into another contest? Answer, you don't have to. You can stay on the contest 1 wait list until you are confirmed into contest 2, then you are dropped. If you are on wait lists for both, the first to clear will cancel the other one (assuming you actually follow thru and register).

After 1/21 you can be confirmed in one and still sign up for the second, or be on the wait list if there are spots.

I want to do this. I see that it says the registration is online. Is it at the same place the rules are posted or somewhere else?

It will be under kcbs sams club schedule. It will list all the qaulifiers and where. At 8est a thing will pop that says register.

You need your KCBS login information, so make sure you have that. The site usually gets pretty slow, so you just have to keep trying.

You need your KCBS login information, so make sure you have that. The site usually gets pretty slow, so you just have to keep trying.

Hey that works out. I just became a kcbs member mainly so I could go to restaurant depot. Got my number today. Good timing.

Well I got in one. I kind of feel bad that I'm taking up a spot that might have gone to a more established team, but it will definitely be motivation for me to work hard!

Well I got in one. I kind of feel bad that I'm taking up a spot that might have gone to a more established team, but it will definitely be motivation for me to work hard!

Don't feel bad about that!!!!!!!!

You are as qualified as the biggest bad a$$ when they cooked in their first KCBS contest, this one just qualifies you for another round! Prepare, read everything you can on here, relax and have a blast!!!!!!

Which contest are you in?

Shreveport, LA. I might cook a KCBS contest the weekend before in Huntsville, TX just to get a little more experience under my belt.

Back