THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well that was fun. Sams club put on a great contest. Congrats to all that walked and hope that all make it home safe. It also sounds like next year is a go for the sams club comp series, more details to follow once they get things worked out.

I had the honor and pleasure to be at a judging table for this one. There was some absolutely outstanding barbecue there this weekend. Charlie from St. Louis was at the same table with me. Great to meet another brethren. One comment from the reps before judging started was just to score the meat as it should be scored for each entry, don't worry about having a lot of high numbers, let the computer sort it out. From the scores I think you can tell that happened. There were 5 master judges and 1 Sam's person at each table.

Back home from SAMs inv what an event congrats to all.
We could only get to 37. She Thinks My SlabsRSexy - 674.2856
I won fort worth with a 676 very stiff teams we did manage to get 2nd in the iron chef Friday with a ahi tuna plate.

Again hats off to everyone looking forward to next year

Congratulations to Joe for your Grand Champion and for a fantastic year of smoking. And congratulation to the rest of the brethren teams who made it to the Sam's National.

Without a doubt the toughest contest we will ever cook in. We had a blast and were glad to be in the same field as so many winning teams! Enjoyed as always making new friends and walked away happy not coming in DAL, congrats to all that walked in that field.

I can't imagine a contest where a 652 would get a DAL, Wow, what a strong field. Sam's Club brought out the best and sponsored a fantastic contest. Congratulations to all that were privileged to be at the event and to Sam's Club for making it happen. Sam's Club Rocks in Competitive BBQ! Thanks.

Thanks for kind words, it's been an a amazing couple of weeks:mrgreen:

Congrats to all who made the finals and to all those who heard their names.:clap:

Big congrats to all who walked and heard their names.

I see a lot of familiar names toward the top of the overall list.
Happy and proud of all of you.

Joe,
What can I say?
2 GC at our contest
2010 RGC at the Royal Invitational
2011 GC at the Royal Invitational
And now GC at Sam's Club
Beyond words!

So happy for all of you. Yes, I am repeating myself - I do that when I'm excited.

Dead ASS LAST! Never in my 9 years have I ever finish last in anything in over 50 contest! We are a small team , only competed in 5 contest this year with no real money to compete! It was the longest ride home ever! We had a great time and I have nothing to be ashame of! Finishing with a 652 is consistant to what got us there. I want to thank everyone for your sopport! Troy Black and KCBS did a great Job! Sam's people were excelent. I learned an awful lot! I hope our suscess represents all the little guys who don't really have the money to do what we have accomplished.
Thanks to all and Congrats to Grogs and Hogs! Great JOB!

Back