Sams and beef short ribs

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
Well I went to Sams today to see if they had short ribs. They had them all sliced up about 1/4" thick in the display case. I then asked if they had them whole and they did in the back. He brought out a cryopac that had two racks in it. I think each rack had 3 bones possibly 4 but I am pretty sure it was 3. Anyway the pack was 70.00. I believe they were 5.58/lb. I didn't buy them as I just did t want to spend the money. Is that the going rate for shot ribs.

Wow that is on the high side, i just bought one rack of short ribs at my local HEB for 4.28/lb. Total for the rack was $14.81.

There had to be more than 2 racks of short ribs for $70.00.

Now you got me curious, I might have to ask if SAMs has them at our local store. Been wanting to smoke then for a while now. I checked at the local butcher and they wanted ten bucks a pound.

I'm no guru, but I just shopped Fri for some and....That cryovac pac WAS 2 sets of 4 ribs about 10" long...I bought some(pics) about a month ago, and saw some Fri that were the same after I bought my Too Far ribs(look my post on Beef Ribs).....I paid $26 for 1 set of 4 ribs, and Fri they were 6.57/lb and the pack was about 10lb(2 sets), so, no go for me...

Attachments

• br3.jpg
    br3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 84
  • br5.jpg
    br5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 84
Back