THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1buckie

Babbling Farker
Welp..........in the interest of flicking some 'Turds into the 43 page throwdown, thought I'd do a cookup or two so I could maybe, with a small bit of luck, score a point or two for the noobies.....

Ok.....that's just baloney, they said......and they were right.......

.....baby baloney !!!

8-30-13LaborDay048.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay049.jpg

Just when I got everything ready to go on, it started into the 1st rain of the year here....

8-30-13LaborDay043.jpg

Stopped for a quick snack, courtesy the wife.......

8-30-13LaborDay044.jpg

Then fired up Lulu & the Orange.......

8-30-13LaborDay041.jpg

Other items to hit the deck were Habanero / Blueberry Dessert 'Turds, Habanero / Blackberry Dessert 'Turds..........

8-30-13LaborDay023.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay026.jpg

Standard issue Tandoori spiced cream cheese jalepeno 'Turds....

8-30-13LaborDay036.jpg

And some with chicken breast strips, rolled in Morroccan rub......

8-30-13LaborDay034.jpg

Dumped some cherry shread on hot coals, ran for a bit over 2 hours @ 235 ~ 250 & we're there....

8-30-13LaborDay052.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay053.jpg

Hard to get a clear photo when ya got a steaming pan of 'Turds.....

8-30-13LaborDay063.jpg

Little better....

8-30-13LaborDay062.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay057.jpg

Plated....

8-30-13LaborDay069.jpg

The chicken with Morroccan rub were the best, the blueberries are always good, the blackberry ones, I don't know....something about the little crunchy seeds was not happenin'....Tandoori's are always good......

is that orange kettle original or painted ?
food looks great. but a bit surprised at the amount of
chips ya used. not overwhelming ?

"but a bit surprised at the amount of
chips ya used. not overwhelming ?"

Nope, slightly dampened shread, on very hot coals, dries & burns right at the point of the fire, the smoke filters thru the damp shread above & mellows it, like a hookah or water filter or something.....nice smooth smoked flavor..........a large part of what you can see is the pile of coals underneath, maybe an inch thick of wood shread or a little more on top.......very controlled burn, usually I get it right, nowadays, after a lot of practice..............

The kettle is about 5 coats of hi-heat orange & two coats of same clear.....black kettle to start with..........."L" code1989

Back