THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
Used my Saigon 21 for a glaze on lollipop chicken lags today. Was super amazing. About a 1/4 Hoisin sauce, 2-3 TBS honey, a few drops of sesame oil, about 1-2 tsp of gochujang, 1 tsp of minced garlic and about 1-2 tap of Saigon 21 seasoning. Painted the legs and threw them on at 325 degrees. Basted every 15 minutes or so until 175 internal temp. Made a beautiful glaze. My boy liked it so much, he used the reserved glaze to pour over his rice. Went so fast, plates were clean before the camera could come out.

Used my Saigon 21 for a glaze on lollipop chicken lags today. Was super amazing. About a 1/4 Hoisin sauce, 2-3 TBS honey, a few drops of sesame oil, about 1-2 tsp of gochujang, 1 tsp of minced garlic and about About a 1/4 Hoisin sauce, 2-3 TBS honey, a few drops of sesame oil, about 1-2 tsp of gochujang, 1 tsp of minced garlic and about 1-2 tap of Saigon 21 seasoning. Painted the legs and threw them on at 325 degrees. Basted every 15 minutes or so until 175 internal temp. Made a beautiful glaze. My boy liked it so much, he used the reserved glaze to pour over his rice. Went so fast, plates were clean before the camera could come out.

I may try this on wings this weekend.

A couple of questions...

About a 1/4 Hoisin sauce

1/4 cup?

1-2 tap of Saigon 21 seasoning

Is that supposed to be tsp?

HA. Great catch. Yes, 1-2 tsp. Of course feel free to adjust to your liking. This was the first time trying this recipe. I’m not a big measure guy.

Back