THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I find that my UDS cooks everything faster than normal anyway. I have modified the 3-2-1 for spares down to a 2 -1.5 -1 and it works perfectly (when I foil at all). You probably need to mod your times with baby backs.

spares I cook at 3-1-1

baby backs at 2-1-1

I find 2 hours in the foil turns them into mush. I adjust that last number based on how close to done they are when I take them out of the foil. I've ended up ranging from 3-1- 2 to 3-1- 15min

If I don't foil I cook a little hotter 250- 275

Ribs: Simple works!

1) Baby backs: 3 hours @ 265°
2) Spares: 4 hours @ 265°

I use foil on the heat deflector for easy clean up. That's about as close as foil gets to my food while it's being cooked.

This is exactly what I did a couple hours ago.265-275 for 3 hours,no foil.Checked at 3 and a good thing I did.They were done.Always cooked spares but this is the first BB's I did to treat myself for my birthday.I nailed it.

Back