THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
I've done my rib roasts before with just salt and pepper, and last year I threw on a bunch of Simply Marvelous Season All. It was great.

This year I was thinking of using one of the Oakridge rubs I have, either the Black Ops brisket rub or the Santa Maria seasoning.

I know Black Ops is made for brisket, and Santa Maria is what I like on tri tip - both are beef, so either should be great on a rib roast, right??

I'm really just wondering whether either of these would be a problem if I plan to do a 550F sear at the end. I don't want a bunch of stuff on there that will burn and taste bitter. Thoughts on this, or should I just stick with salt, pepper and granulated garlic?

This year I was thinking of using one of the Oakridge rubs I have, either the Black Ops brisket rub or the Santa Maria seasoning.
On a rib roast, between those two, I'd go with the Santa Maria.

I'm trying the Carne Crosta on mine this year.

The great thing about Oakridge is that unless they specifIcally say they are sweet they will take to heat pretty good and both of those will do fine as long as you don't have a really really long sear.

As was stated above their carne Costa is fantastic with high heat. I'll be doing one myself soon.

I've done my rib roasts before with just salt and pepper, and last year I threw on a bunch of Simply Marvelous Season All. It was great.

I know Black Ops is made for brisket, and Santa Maria is what I like on tri tip - both are beef, so either should be great on a rib roast, right??

I'm really just wondering whether either of these would be a problem if I plan to do a 550F sear at the end. I don't want a bunch of stuff on there that will burn and taste bitter. Thoughts on this, or should I just stick with salt, pepper and granulated garlic?

I'd go Santa Maria....

Ted and Barney's. It's what I use for rib roasts.

Ted and Barney's is awesome.... I thought I was the only one on The Brethren who used it.

Ted and Barney's is awesome.... I thought I was the only one on The Brethren who used it.

There are a number of us. I buy it in the 2.5lb jug about once a year. Our house would shut down if there was no T&B here. I prefer the original to H-3 personally, but my wife loves H-3 on pizza with the pepper flake in it.

Back