Rockrancher in Montana

rockrancher

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know I am not a "BOT". I live in SW Montana and have made wild game sausage most of my life. I experiment in Barbeque, but consider myself a novice. however, I had a wild game processing business as a sideline to my regular job and we had to finally give it up because we got too busy. The last year we were in business, We processed 94 Elk and Deer and built about 4000 Lbs of sausage. It was too much to handle with working a 40 hr/week job and my business partner was a 70 Year old retired butcher. Now it is kind of a play thing with my hunting partners. I can say without arrogance, I make some damn good sausage as I had a large clientel.
I have a variety of smokers/barbeques. I currently own a Primo ceramic Kimado, a Traeger pellet burner and two custom propane smokers that are 4X4X8 foot, one has steam capabilities and both have smoke generators. I also have a cheapo smoke vault, and Walmart Charcoal barbeque. (I'm not a fan of propane barbeques)
I am currently building a trailer mount smoker out of a 120 Gal Propane tank which is my primary reason joining this forum....I want to build it correctly the first time. I want to explore the various designs and decide from there how to proceed. It will have a firebox attached, but I am trying to decide if I want a radiant propane to assist and where/how to set up metering plates and ventilation, you know all of the crucial things that make it work effectively. :thumb:
I am excited to be a part of such an extensive field of experience and I hope to learn many things from the experienced smokers on this forum..
Thanks, Russ

Welcome to the forum. I was a novice about a year ago, and built me an upright drum smoker aka ugly drum smoker UDS. BBQ has pretty much taken over my hobbies lately :)
Lots of very helpful folks on the forum, and reams of information!

Oh, and I stuffed my first summer sausage a few weeks ago, and it turned out great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome rockrancher! Now here is a Guy that knows how to roll. Looking forward to your posts and we love pictures! I hope to see Montana someday.

Back