THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Roo-B-Q'N

Hey everybody, awhile ago I posted that the River City Round Up Rodeo in Omaha Nebraska was going to have it's BBQ contest return.

After several years of not having one, they have asked my wife and I to "trail boss" this years event and get it started. It is going to be an awesome time tied to the Rodeo and other events going on that weekend. Further this BBQ event will help with area 4 -H and other River CIty Round Up events.

The Contest will be held September 28th & 29, 2007 is limited to 36 teams and will have over $4,400 in cash prizes.
Visit http://www.rivercityroundup.org/Events-and-Activities/BarbequeContest.htm for more information and download an entry form. Or PM me with any questions. Let's get the Brethren represented!

At this time the governor's office is giving us the run around about this being a State Championship. We are working hard to make it one and hope to have more on that down the road.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible for this one!

Well finally got the Proclimation for a State Championship for this contests. Things are falling nicely into place all around. We have Sam's as a major sponsor, several teams have already signed up and are planning on have a judging class before the contest, so anybody interested in becoming a judge can have that oportunity.
We really want this to be a great contest for the cooks and all involved. I think we will have a firm foundation for years to come.