THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jsperk

Babbling Farker
I posted a question the other day if the ribs I bought were to thin. I cooked them up today.

The end pieces were real thin. Me and my son split a whole St. Louis rack. More than we would usually eat for dinner. But I must say these were some really tasty ribs. The one pic makes them look dry but they were not dry at all.

I will be buying a case of these. For 99 cents a pound they are really worth it.

I cooked indirect on the kettle between 300 and 320 no foil.

Last edited:
Looking real good! Wish I could get my hands on ribs for .99/lb!
I was surprised to find these. This is from a meat market and they trim more off the rib section when they the cut the loin I think they said, so since they are thinner they sell them at a cheaper price. For $2.82 cents for that rack and some trimmings, it's a great deal.

My IBP spares I just trimmed to St. Louis and cooked seemed a little thin. I had better luck with the pre-trimmed Tyson St. Louis I got on sale from Aldi a few weeks ago for $1.99/lb. However, the texture of the meat on these ribs to me tasted better because they weren't "enhanced" with a 10% solution like the Tyson cryos are.

Back