THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chrischandler71

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Chris
Messing around some yesterday and cooked up a rack of St. Louis bones. Rubbed with Oakridge Dominator, and Sauced with some Blues Hog. They had a really good bite.
bc4c22225021148fcb07fd365e25fe6b.jpg

f8b2a2d6e546c46b044a4ee75a0f7a31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, foiled with blues hog red, a stick of butter, and some brown sugar. Glazed at the end with blues hog original.

Pretty Ribs. If I were going to be executed tomorrow, I'd want my last meal to be: Good Smoked Ribs, BBQ Beans, and Potato Salad.

I suffered for years with rain coming up while I was smoking.
Something about trying to hold a Golf Umbrella over a smoker, or trying to drag a smoker from under a big Maple Tree to get the Q out of the rain...

Finally I was pushed over the edge, I built a heavy duty Tin Top over my patio.
For the last half dozen years I have BBQ/Smoked when I wanted to, not when the weather lets me. Heck I can go to sleep on the patio listening to the rain on the tin roof. :thumb:

I was trying something new with these. I cooked at 275 for 2 hours on hickory smoke. Foiled with brown sugar, 1 stick of butter, and blues hog red for 1 hour. Then out of foil and sauced with blues hog original and back on smoker for about 10 min.

I had been doing ribs at 225. I just ordered a gateway drum to use as my primary rib cooker at competitions, and wanted to see how hot and fast works. I cooked these on my Yoder pellet cooker, since I don't have my Gateway yet. I plan to hang the ribs in the gateway.

I was trying something new with these. I cooked at 275 for 2 hours on hickory smoke. Foiled with brown sugar, 1 stick of butter, and blues hog red for 1 hour. Then out of foil and sauced with blues hog original and back on smoker for about 10 min.

I had been doing ribs at 225. I just ordered a gateway drum to use as my primary rib cooker at competitions, and wanted to see how hot and fast works. I cooked these on my Yoder pellet cooker, since I don't have my Gateway yet. I plan to hang the ribs in the gateway.

Thank you!

Sounds like 2 and 1 at 250 should be good?

Gonna see if I can pick some up today on my way home.

Back