THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E

Ernie3

My inlaws 50th wedding anniversary is Saturday, so anyway all the kids and spouses are getting together to give them a little party ( And send them on a cruise ). My question is: I am thinking about smoking some Ribs ahead of time maybe Friday afternoon or right before hand on Saturday. I am wondering the best way to go about reheating them when we arrive. They do have a Weber gasser so they can be reheated on that, but should I foil them or just do a few minutes on each side? I have always eaten them right after smoking them. Never reheated before. Any advice would really be helpful.

I was thinking maybe not saucing at all till' reheating??? I was also thinking doing a couple of racks with just a dry rub.......

Depends on how long you have to hold them. If it is just a few hours, I would do the 3-2-1 method and just keep them in the cooler for the extended time. I have kept them there for about 4 hours before and then heated on a grill while still in foil. They were great. Even after 4 hours in the cooler when you pull them out they were still hot.

I've had good luck reheating foiled in the oven for about 15-20 min at 300 degrees to take the chill out then hitting the grill unfoiled to finish them back out. never tried just heating back up on the grill.:rolleyes:

Rob

Main thing is to make sure you don't burn them or dry them out.

I prefer to reheat them in a 250 degree oven (covered and/or wrapped)

I've reheated on a grill, in an oven & I have also cut the ribs while they were cold & put them in a crock pot a couple hours before a party, this worked really well also. You can add a little apple juice to the crock pot for some extra moisture.

i had a similar situation 3 weeks ago for a pool party, i finished ribs at 7:00am kept in cooler w/ foil til 2pm and thru on their gasser for a few minutes. They were perfect, even the peice that fell on the floor was scooped up by someone as they were walking by & ate it!!!

Good Luck!

I've reheated on a grill, in an oven & I have also cut the ribs while they were cold & put them in a crock pot a couple hours before a party, this worked really well also. You can add a little apple juice to the crock pot for some extra moisture.
I've had the same luck as you. I did find it worked a little better if I pulled them off the smoker earier than I normally would because they become more tender in the cooler...

Back