THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
I bought these a few weeks ago and I have no idea of what they really are or how to cook them. They look like beef, but I'm not certain.

I'm going to cook them tomorrow, and I'm thinking about going hot and fast.

Has anyone here ever seen these? :decision:

Al5FQgmh.jpg

TqExJ3nh.jpg

Quick Google search says : Beef Finger meat is the meat that exists between the bones of beef ribs. This fatty, juicy meat is typically cut away from the bones from the section of the ribs where there is not much meat on top of the bones. So think half way between the short plate ribs and the ribeye.

https://youneedabbq.com/beef-finger-meat/

Says beef on the pack in the picture. I'd think if it was meat from between the ribs, you could go low and slow if you were so inclined. Once you get them open and you can inspect them more, you'll be able to tell if they will require some rendering or not. If they feel like they don't have too much fat, hot and fast may be the way to go.

However you decide, I am very interested. I have seen them in my local store and have wanted to see what they were all about.

Keep us posted!

:thumb:

Back