THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking piece of meat, looks perfectly cooked, but doesn't look like a tri-tip to me. :noidea:

I agree it’s not what a typical tri tip looks like.

That said, I have seen tri tip cut it into steaks, butterflied, and almost a rounded rectangle similar to the one pictured. It really depends on the butcher who cut it (and possibly trimmed it up) and the part of the country you’re in.

But the look of the grain...it’s a tri tip and cut properly too.

I agree it’s not what a typical tri tip looks like.

That said, I have seen tri tip cut it into steaks, butterflied, and almost a rounded rectangle similar to the one pictured. It really depends on the butcher who cut it (and possibly trimmed it up) and the part of the country you’re in.

But the look of the grain...it’s a tri tip and cut properly too.

It looked like a traditional trio-tip when I received it. As I was continually searing it on all sides I was pushing on it to get all sides to sear equally against the grates. It ended up straightening it out a bit.

Back