THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigr314

Babbling Farker
I am doing a cook this weekend for a party. They are going to need pulled pork for 48 people. I decided to go Restaurant Depot. It is about 1 1/2 hours from my house. So I do not go there to often. I was surprised at the price. The bone in pork butts were 1.42 a pound.They come in a 2 pack. The average weight was 19 pounds for the pack.Ended up getting 3-packs. Really nice looking butts.That is a great price for this area.(Pittsburgh). What prices are you guys paying around the country?

I paid $1.55/# at RD in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago - a far better price than you'll find elsewhere and the quality was good.

I went to the Baltimore RD last weekend. Had never been before. Used my KCBS membership. I couldn't believe the prices. At least $3/lb cheaper for beautiful Angus full packer brisket than I was paying for Choice flats.
Good stuff. Now I need to make some room in my freezer in order to buy more meat. Wait, did that make any sense? :shock:

I am doing a cook this weekend for a party. They are going to need pulled pork for 48 people. I decided to go Restaurant Depot. It is about 1 1/2 hours from my house. So I do not go there to often. I was surprised at the price. The bone in pork butts were 1.42 a pound.They come in a 2 pack. The average weight was 19 pounds for the pack.Ended up getting 3-packs. Really nice looking butts.That is a great price for this area.(Pittsburgh). What prices are you guys paying around the country?

Everyday price at Wegman's has been $1.39 a pound for the past 2 years.

I'm in Pittsburgh too and I go to GFS often. Bone in Pork Butts are $1.45lb this week and the Brisket is $2.89lb this week. Brisket went at $2.49lb around the 4th.

Never been to a RD store. So, if you are a member of KCBC you qualify for a membership?

If you are a KCBS member you can get a day pass and can go as often as you want. You just need to check in at the front desk.KCBS has a thing you can print out that has all the instructions for the person working the desk.

If you are a KCBS member you can get a day pass and can go as often as you want. You just need to check in at the front desk.KCBS has a thing you can print out that has all the instructions for the person working the desk.

Fantastic! Thks for the heads up!:clap2:

I'm in Pittsburgh too and I go to GFS often. Bone in Pork Butts are $1.45lb this week and the Brisket is $2.89lb this week. Brisket went at $2.49lb around the 4th.

GFS is closer to me than RD. Ddo they always have a good stock of meat?

Really enjoy stocking up at RD. Briskets are usually around $2.50 - $3/lb and butts hover around $1.19 - $1.49/lb depending on the sales.

I also get nitrile gloves, seasonings, pans, cookie sheets, etc from there as they are much cheaper. I have to limit myself to once a quarter or I spend way too much!

Last edited:
Really enjoy stocking up at RD. Briskets are usually around $2.50 - $3/lb and butts hover around $1.19 - $1.49/lb depending on the sales.

I also get nitrile gloves, seasonings, pans, cookie cheets, etc from there as they are much cheaper. I have to limit myself to once a quarter or I spend way too much!

Yeah the cool thing is that you can sort, pick, choose big meats and if you get over 50#s they will give you a discount/case price at the register.:clap2:

I was at RD a month ago and I paid $1.49/lb for bone in pork butt. Significantly cheaper than anything else I've found. Next closest would be Meijer at $1.89/lb on sale.

I also bought a case (40lb) of the jumbo party chicken wings for $1.79/lb. They were really big and meaty too! I'm already planning my next trip.

I was at RD a month ago and I paid $1.49/lb for bone in pork butt. Significantly cheaper than anything else I've found. Next closest would be Meijer at $1.89/lb on sale.

I also bought a case (40lb) of the jumbo party chicken wings for $1.79/lb. They were really big and meaty too! I'm already planning my next trip.

Are those wings already cut up into drumsticks and flats or are they the whole wing?

I showed up with the KCBS Day card once - and they said - "Here .. Lets just give you a real one"
So I have a full pass now..
Maybe "Hint" to them to see if they can give you a card?
Sooo much simpler...

Back